Form, condition, training.
…of two principles: form and matter.
This is the first form, and how it is the first form is hard to explain” (Baur 1912, 125).
To view responses for your Google Form, open your Google Form and navigate to the Responses tab.
Different plant cells form flowers, fruits, or seeds.
In relation to binary form, sonata form is complex.
Form 3 is a parental consent form for schools to distribute to the parents of the pupils involved in the project.
The recently redesigned form 1040 is intended to replace not only the old form 1040 but also forms 1040A and 1040EZ.
In order to claim the credit, you must file a federal form 1040, federal form 1040A, or a federal form 1040NR.
Matrix games are referred to as ‘normal-form’ or ‘strategic-form’ games, and games as trees are referred to as ‘extensive-form’ games.
Important to Read’s theories of art and literature is the distinction that he first made in Form in Modern Poetry (1932) between organic and abstract form.
Sonata form has sometimes been considered an expanded category of ternary form, with its three sections of exposition, development, and recapitulation, but this characterization is misleading.
The difference between the reason and form is that form and matter become one thing without existing separately, whereas the reason of the thing perceived is a form separated from matter.
Although sonata form is sometimes called first-movement form, the first movements of multimovement works are not always in sonata form, nor does the form occur only in first movements.
Nature is form, and perfect form, but “inasmuch as privation is a kind of form” Nature is affected by the kind of privation existing in Prime Matter, in such a way that Nature can be considered an imperfect form.
Averroes finds a way-out of the conflict: the celestial body is not composed of matter and form, it is simple, and no material form exists in it (LC 427BC; MC Wolfson 594) while form in material substances subsists because it is part of the composite.
Aquinas further delineated the concept of form to include “accidental form,” a quality of a thing that is not determined by its essence; “sensible form,” that element of form that can be distinguished from matter by sense-perception; and other such distinctions.
We say: The form of any generated corruptible being has three grades of existence, the first is that of the universal spiritual form which is the intelligible form and is the species, the second is that of the particular spiritual form, and the third that of bodily form.
As Lukács explains in “On the Nature and Form of the Essay” (1911a), this is because the essay is the primary form of writing which addresses life through the medium of form (1911a: 8) and which takes form (in particular, the form of a work of art) seriously as a reality of its own.
Linguists, by contrast, following both Sapir (1921) and Bloomfield (1933), treat the syntactic component in a more detailed way than Morris or Peirce, and distinguish between at least three kinds of linguistic form: the form of speech sounds (phonology), the form of words (morphology), and the form of sentences.
- the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
Example: the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- create (as an entity)
Example: social groups form everywhere
- to compose or represent
Example: This wall forms the background of the stage setting
- a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
Example: sculpture is a form of art
- a perceptual structure
Example: the composition presents problems for students of musical form
- develop into a distinctive entity
- give shape or form to
- any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
- make something, usually for a specific function
- alternative names for the body of a human being
- establish or impress firmly in the mind
- the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance
- the visual appearance of something or someone
- assume a form or shape
Example: the water formed little beads
- a printed document with spaces in which to write
Example: he filled out his tax form
- (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups
- an arrangement of the elements in a composition or discourse
Example: the essay was in the form of a dialogue
- a particular mode in which something is manifested
Example: his resentment took the form of extreme hostility
- (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary
- a body of students who are taught together
- an ability to perform well
Example: he was at the top of his form
- a life-size dummy used to display clothes
- a mold for setting concrete
Example: they built elaborate forms for pouring the foundation
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for Form. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: