He did, James said.
James II became king in 1685.
James has two main concerns in the “Will To Believe” essay.
James said, smiling).
James was a well-traveled youth.
James is the alliest of the allies.
When William arrived from Holland, James fled to the Continent.
The Poems of James VI of Scotland (2 vol.) was edited by James Craigie (1955–58).
The birth of James' son, a Catholic heir to the throne, greatly alarms many of James' subjects.
I think it’s more about, we just want to have a black guy play James Bond rather than Idris Elba the actor play James Bond.
King James I did not write the King James Bible (also called the King James Version or the Authorized Version).
When James was transferred to San Diego, Bishop McCarrick would invite him to the Beverly Hills Hilton in Los Angeles, James said.
Parliament offers the throne to William and Mary, James eldest (Protestant) daughter rather that James' eldest (Catholic) son, James Francis Edward.
But of course James Hamilton is currently considering that and out of courtesy to James Hamilton it is firstly a matter for him as and when he wants to publish that."
Lesson Eight - What I Learned from James Baldwin Contemporary writer Caryl Phillips analyses a passage written by his friend and literary mentor, the American novelist James Baldwin.
In 1977 James self-published his first Baseball Abstract, which was filled with original studies based on information James had gleaned from The Baseball Encyclopedia and box scores in The Sporting News.
Over 11 hours and three plays (James I, James II and James II), the Australian premiere of the massive work traces three generations of Stewart kings who ruled Scotland in the tumultuous 15th century.
The protest against Google’s external advisory council revolved around the company’s appointment of Kay Cole James, president of the Heritage Foundation; employees were upset by James’ anti-trans and anti-immigrant political statements.
Saint James, also called James, son of Zebedee, or James the Greater, (born, Galilee, Palestine—died 44 ce, Jerusalem; feast day July 25), one of the Twelve Apostles, distinguished as being in Jesus’ innermost circle and the only apostle whose martyrdom is recorded in the New Testament (Acts 12:2).
- a Stuart king of Scotland who married a daughter of Henry VII; when England and France went to war in 1513 he invaded England and died in defeat at Flodden (1473-1513)
- a river in Virginia that flows east into Chesapeake Bay at Hampton Roads
- a river that rises in North Dakota and flows southward across South Dakota to the Missouri
- writer who was born in the United States but lived in England (1843-1916)
- United States outlaw who fought as a Confederate soldier and later led a band of outlaws that robbed trains and banks in the West until he was murdered by a member of his own gang (1847-1882)
- the last Stuart to be king of England and Ireland and Scotland; overthrown in 1688 (1633-1701)
- (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; brother of John; author of the Epistle of James in the New Testament
- United States pragmatic philosopher and psychologist (1842-1910)
- a New Testament book attributed to Saint James the Apostle
- the first Stuart to be king of England and Ireland from 1603 to 1625 and king of Scotland from 1567 to 1625; he was the son of Mary Queen of Scots and he succeeded Elizabeth I; he alienated the British Parliament by claiming the divine right of kings (1566-1625)
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for James. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: