By 1932, Lewis has come to prefer system S2.
“I hear you’re the man around here,” he told Lewis.
Read our John Lewis & Partners’ deals guide for more.
Meriwether Lewis to lead the expedition.
Lewis presents his account of common knowledge on pp. 52–57 of Convention.
David Lewis is the best-known advocate of a counterfactual theory of causation.
Lee Erwin should have done much better with the follow up but Lewis saved again.
Lewis appeared in numerous films and television series, often portraying himself.
Lewis and his future wife, Lillian Miles Lewis, who died in 2013.
Matthew Gregory Lewis, byname Monk Lewis, (born July 9, 1775, London, Eng.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park, 1958, northwestern Oregon and southwestern Washington.
As noted earlier, Lewis (1929, 286) and Lewis (1936b) flirts with Quine's alternative.
David Lewis famously tried to analyze causation in terms of counterfactuals (Lewis 1973).
Sessions appeared alongside Lewis at one such event, but Lewis says he is not prepared to invite Trump to the annual occasion.
(Shawn Levy’s extraordinary biography of Lewis goes into detail on the physical price that Lewis has paid for his unsparing performances.)
In an intriguing twist to the plot, Lewis subsequently appeared to withdraw his doubts about truth-makers (2003: 30, Lewis & Rosen 2003: 39).
As mentioned above, it has recently come into question whether a formal rendition of Lewis' definition as the one given above adeguately represents all facets of Lewis' approach.
As Marshall 2012 explains, Lewis actually gave two importantly different accounts of intrinsicality in terms of perfect naturalness which philosophers often fail to distinguish: the first in Lewis 1983b, and the second in Lewis 1986a.
Lewis has three different accounts of “if”: he follows Jackson in claiming that the “if” of indicative conditionals is the truth-functional “if”, with a special rule of assertability (see Lewis 1986 pp. 152–6); there is his famous account of the “if” of counterfactual conditionals (Lewis 1973); and there is this use of “if” as a restrictor.
- United States explorer and soldier who lead led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River (1774-1809)
- English critic and novelist; author of theological works and of books for children (1898-1963)
- United States rock star singer and pianist (born in 1935)
- United States athlete who won gold medals at the Olympics for his skill in sprinting and jumping (born in 1961)
- United States novelist who satirized middle-class America in his novel Main Street (1885-1951)
- United States labor leader who was president of the United Mine Workers of America from 1920 to 1960 and president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations from 1935 to 1940 (1880-1969)
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for Lewis. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches:
Lewis has three different accounts of if he follows Jackson in claiming that the if of indicative conditionals is the truth-functional if with a special rule of assertability see Lewis 1986 pp 152–6 there is his famous account of the if of counterfactual conditionals Lewis 1973 and there is this use of if as a restrictor