‘I am blue.’
Blue-eyed white cats may be deaf.
“Blue is the richest color for me.
For me, Blue wins over Orange in every category.
The blue and red team have somewhat of a rivalry, Malcolmson says.
But the object blue is blue, and the object round is round, and so forth.
Blue-and-white ware, white porcelain decorated with blue under the glaze.
The pigmy blue (Brephidium exilis), the smallest blue, has a wingspan of less than 12 mm.
The cheese is marketed under various names such as Bavarian Blue, Cambazola, Lymeswold, and Saga Blue.
Thus, the object blue exemplifies the property of encoding only the properties that are implied by being blue.
"Blue Blue" fares — the second-highest economy tier — include one checked bag, but the highest flexible fare, "Blue Extra," does not.
The commonest way to think of “looks blue” is to think of the phrase as having a semantic structure, with “blue” having its usual sense.
And we tested the Blue Sky Day Designer academic-year planner in summer 2020 and liked the extra functionality compared with regular Blue Sky options.
He added, “If you don’t have very many blue cones, you may see it as white, or if you have plenty of blue cones, you may see more blue.”
Danish Blue should be white, with greenish blue veins, although these are less numerous than in other blue cheeses such as gorgonzola or roquefort.
When you say we all know blue is blue you mean we know how to use the word blue: we say “blue” when we see Marge Simpson’s hair, the sky or ocean etc.
They also come in a range of bright dual-colour finishes: yellow and blue, pink and purple, blue and red, blue and blue or pink and blue.
Thus, a blue pigment is blue because it reflects mainly blue (and some green) light and absorbs red and yellow; and a yellow pigment reflects mainly yellow and some green and absorbs blue and red.
BBC R&D have built the Blue Peter Garden Explorer, an interactive 360° video experience that allows everybody across the UK to experience the Blue Peter Garden, delve into the 60-year-long history of the programme and create a customised Blue Peter trailer from archive clips.
…blue-yellow colour blindness are known: tritanopia (blindness to blue, usually with the inability to distinguish between blue and yellow), which occurs when blue cones are absent; and tritanomaly (reduced sensitivity to blue), which arises from the abnormal function of blue cones.
- of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky
Example: October's bright blue weather
- turn blue
- blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
Example: he had eyes of bright blue
- blue clothing
Example: she was wearing blue
- used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms)
Example: a ragged blue line
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue
Example: the Union army was a vast blue
- filled with melancholy and despondency
- the sky as viewed during daylight
Example: he shot an arrow into the blue
- characterized by profanity or cursing
- suggestive of sexual impropriety
Example: a blue movie
- used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
- morally rigorous and strict
- any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- causing dejection
Example: a blue day
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for blue. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: