‘I’m for change.’
“That won’t change history.
Now a distinction between change and cause can certainly be drawn.
Social change in the broadest sense is any change in social relations.
“What does change is the cycle of power.
A slight change can seem like an enormous change in percentage terms.
Change in the category of substance, however—a change of one kind of thing into another—is very special.
There is no contradiction in maintaining that the external object appears to change but does not in fact change.
The IPCC also recognizes that the best way to manage climate change is through adaptation to change and mitigation.
I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate.
There, click "Update" to change your payment method, or click "Change Plan" to change your payment plan.
Not all climate change is equal, and the rate of current change is more than 20 times faster than natural climate changes.
One of his examples of change induced by a change in what is known is clearly an extrinsic change (1966, 411).
A narrower usage of “change” is exemplified by change in the properties of a body over time, that is temporal change.
Aristotle nonetheless argued that change is distinct from time because change occurs at different rates, whereas time does not (Physics IV,10).
The change people want, the change people can see and feel, the change people have been crying for, the change people expect to see and the change that has never happened during the course of the first three parliaments of Bougainville”.
The title is divided into five chapters, covering: a definition of transformational change; drivers of transformational change and its place in a strategic change agenda; selling the vision of cultural change; human resource issues and cultural change; and the nature of change as a constant.
“Any rule that we have, we’ve talked about changing: change the bats, change the balls, change the bases, change the geometry of the field, change the number of players on the field, change the batting order, change the number of innings, the number of balls and strikes,” Sword said.
Models of one-directional change assume that change in a certain direction induces further change in the same direction; models of curvilinear or cyclic change, on the other hand, assume that change in a certain direction creates the conditions for change in another (perhaps even the opposite) direction.
African American Voices of Change, Asian Professionals at Change, DisABILITY at Change, Pride at Change, Veterans of Change, Women for Change, and Young Professionals Making Change are groups that thrive, promote professional development, and create a collective voice and communities of support and respect.
- an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another
Example: the change was intended to increase sales
- cause to change; make different; cause a transformation
- a relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event
Example: he attributed the change to their marriage
- undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature
Example: She changed completely as she grew older
- become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
Example: her mood changes in accordance with the weather
- the action of changing something
Example: the change of government had no impact on the economy
- lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
- the result of alteration or modification
Example: there were marked changes in the lining of the lungs
- change clothes; put on different clothes
Example: Change before you go to the opera
- the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due
Example: I paid with a twenty and pocketed the change
- exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
- a thing that is different
Example: he inspected several changes before selecting one
- give to, and receive from, one another
Example: Would you change places with me?
- a different or fresh set of clothes
Example: she brought a change in her overnight bag
- change from one vehicle or transportation line to another
Example: She changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast
- coins of small denomination regarded collectively
Example: he had a pocketful of change
- become deeper in tone
Example: His voice began to change when he was 12 years old
- money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency
Example: he got change for a twenty and used it to pay the taxi driver
- remove or replace the coverings of
Example: Father had to learn how to change the baby
- a difference that is usually pleasant
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for change. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: