Corn at this stage is in the milk.
Put the corn in a large bowl; repeat until all the corn is cooked.
And, even with all the corn here, they don’t make pizza with corn like they do in Israel.
The very first corn palace was built in Mitchell in 1892, to house a stage for a fall festival celebrating the end of the corn-growing season.
There are many varieties of corn plants.
In the United States sweet corn is a popular food.
Both corn on the cob and cut corn are frozen.
Soft corn is used for corn flour and for roasting ears.
There is a regular demand for a good grade of corn flour, or cornstarch.
Corn syrup is sold commercially as either light or dark corn syrup.
…commercial types, Zea indurata (flint corn) and Z. indentata (dent corn).
Great use of hybrid corn threatens the supply of corn pollinated naturally.
Finally, the corn should be heavy for its size: the heavier the corn, the plumper the kernels.
Corn smut, plant disease caused by the fungus Ustilago maydis, which attacks corn (maize) and teosinte plants.
By 1939, 75 percent of Iowa’s corn crop was in hybrid corn, and during World War II the figure went to nearly 100 percent.
…mainly on kernel texture, include dent corn, flint corn, flour corn, sweet corn, and popcorn.
My pandemic prep included buying four pounds of standard yellow popping corn; glass gem corn felt like a way of stepping up my game.
There is no chemical control for corn smut, but its spread can be controlled by removing galls before they mature and clearing corn litter each fall.
Commercial classifications, based mainly on kernel texture, include dent corn, flint corn, flour corn, sweet corn, and popcorn.
The United States, the principal producer of corn, cultivates two main commercial types, Zea indurata (flint corn) and Z. indentata (dent corn).
- feed (cattle) with corn
- tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times
- preserve with large-grained rock salt
Example: corned beef
- the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal
- ears of corn that can be prepared and served for human food
- a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes
- (Great Britain) any of various cereal plants (especially the dominant crop of the region--wheat in Great Britain or oats in Scotland and Ireland)
- whiskey distilled from a mash of not less than 80 percent corn
- something sentimental or trite
Example: that movie was pure corn
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for corn. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.