Direct marketing is a fuzzy thing to measure.
You will receive it by direct deposit or by mail.
Fragrance Direct also offers a healthy living product range.
Both of those direct listings took place at the end of September.
For some uses, such as electroplating, direct current is essential.
Businesses often use a range of different direct marketing approaches, including:
In the Griggs case, direct discrimination had harmed blacks by putting them at an educational disadvantage.
Direct realism is compatible with all the metaphysical species of direct presence listed above.
Most of the other direct-lending firms moved into the business because of the crisis and the dearth of bank credit that ensued.
Someone who adopts direct consequentialism about everything is a global direct consequentialist (Pettit and Smith 2000, Driver 2012).
In English, a common arrangement is subject-verb-direct object, such as Bobby Joe (subject) ate (verb) my fortune cookie (direct object).
HSBC Direct does have a checking account, though, so you may prefer HSBC Direct if you want to do all your banking with the same institution.
The move not only marked the first direct listing for GTS but also broke Citadel Securities' streak of handling all the previous major direct listings.
Roblox is pursuing a traditional direct listing, and it remains to be seen if any companies will go the new route of the so-called primary direct listing.
Ever since Citadel Securities helped Spotify design the first major direct listing in April 2018, it has been selected to be the DMM that opens shares for a direct listing.
Taxpayers with Direct Express accounts have a particular challenge: You may use the Non-Filers tool, but you cannot receive your and your children's payment on your Direct Express account.
Various positions can accept some sort of distinction between direct and indirect “awareness”: roughly, an awareness of X is indirect if it depends on awareness of something else, and direct otherwise.
Today, Epic is launching Epic direct payments in Fortnite on iOS, offering customers the choice of paying in-app through Epic direct payments or through Apple payments, and passing on the savings of Epic direct payments to customers in the form of lower prices.
"We're going to do everything we can to adapt, and we'll have to adapt to whatever the environment is, but to not put ourselves in a position where we've got another class of people coming in — 3,000 young people coming in — that aren't getting more direct contact, direct apprenticeship, and direct mentorship," Solomon said.
In John gives Mary a ring (6), inner and outer complements consist of indirect object (without preposition) followed by direct object; in The sailors make John captain (7), these complements are direct object and appositive noun; in You have kept your record clean (8), direct object and predicative adjective; in The driver finds the road flooded (9), direct object and predicative past participle; and in We want you to know (10), direct object and predicative infinitive.
- direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short
Example: a direct route
- having no intervening persons, agents, conditions
Example: in direct sunlight
- command with authority
Example: He directed the children to do their homework
- without deviation
Example: the path leads directly to the lake
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action
Example: a direct question
- being an immediate result or consequence
Example: a direct result of the accident
- in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child
- guide the actors in (plays and films)
- in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker
Example: a direct quotation
- lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact
Example: the direct opposite
- govern or manage
- moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth
- take somebody somewhere
- similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity
Example: a term is in direct proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases)
- cause to go somewhere
- (of a current) flowing in one direction only
Example: direct current
- point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- lead, as in the performance of a composition
- give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction
Example: I directed them towards the town hall
- specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- put an address on (an envelope)
- plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for direct. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches:
In John gives Mary a ring 6 inner and outer complements consist of indirect object without preposition followed by direct object in The sailors make John captain 7 these complements are direct object and appositive noun in You have kept your record clean 8 direct object and predicative adjective in The driver finds the road flooded 9 direct object and predicative past participle and in We want you to know 10 direct object and predicative infinitive