What is the finish?
You’ve got to finish this.
The date is this summer to finish.
To serve, finish the polenta with lots of oregano and spoon onto serving plates.
Overall, I look for the finish.
Finish is a mid-priced cost-per-use detergent.
It's a classic finish that works in so many spaces.
It was his lowest finish in a Grand Tour since the 2012 Vuelta.
One of the best mobile games available, it's a delight from start to finish.
He would not finish the resultant conflict in power; he might not finish it alive.
There’s little else to truly excite in the P20 Pro if the gradient finish seen here doesn’t have a visceral appeal.
CNN averaged 2.455 million viewers to finish second for the second consecutive week after finishing third six of the previous seven weeks.
If I know that you will finish reading this article tomorrow, then you will finish tomorrow (because knowledge implies truth).
It also comes in a walnut finish with black hooks, a gray finish with gray hooks, and a white finish with white hooks.
Reading the sentence one way yields a truth: against any given avoider, Predictor can finish and against any given predictor, Avoider can finish.
What an absolute stunner - Felix is denied in a dramatic finish where the Bahamas runner dove across the finish line with a winning time of 49.44.
Dion Charles carved out an early chance for Stanley, pulling the ball back invitingly for Adam Phillips who drilled his finish the wrong side of the post, while Porter was inches away from applying a far-post finish to Harry Pickering's driven low cross.
A neat turn and finish from Suarez after the break gave the Spanish side hope, but this was snuffed out by arguably the pick of the goals - a Joshua Kimmich side-foot finish following some stunning skill and speed and excellent delivery from Alphonso Davies.
A brief flirtation with the flat – but possibly with the wind to fray the nerves on the Atlantic coast, then east again for a second dose of the Massif Central, including another uphill finish on the Puy Mary, a punchy finish in Lyon and a final week in the Alps.
The British duo then forced a healthy lead on the run and finished together, breaking International Triathlon Union (ITU) competition rule 2.11.f, which states "athletes who finish in a contrived tie situation, where no effort to separate their finish times has been made, will be disqualified".
- come or bring to a finish or an end
Example: He finished the dishes
- a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
Example: the boat had a metallic finish
- finally be or do something
- the temporal end; the concluding time
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
- provide with a finish
Example: The carpenter finished the table beautifully
- the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
Example: a crowd assembled at the finish
- finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table
- designated event that concludes a contest (especially a race)
Example: excitement grew as the finish neared
- cause to finish a relationship with somebody
Example: That finished me with Mary
- the downfall of someone (as of persons on one side of a conflict)
Example: booze will be the finish of him
- event whose occurrence ends something
- (wine tasting) the taste of a wine on the back of the tongue (as it is swallowed)
Example: the wine has a nutty flavor and a pleasant finish
- the act of finishing
Example: his best finish in a major tournament was third
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for finish. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: