I've been in the flat for months now.
The flat door could apparently open from the inside.
It is perfectly flat – therefore the Earth must be flat.
But two simple techniques deliver a moist, tender brisket flat every time.
McGowan has since moved to the UK and is renting a flat in Mayfair.
This article is confined to Thoroughbred horse racing on the flat without jumps.
Proponents of a flat tax cite several advantages over a variable tax rate system.
A flat structure is an organisational structure with only a few layers of management.
Lee's former flatmate Kate has moved back to America, so Tim decides to sell the flat.
Flat tax opponents, however, have argued that it is doubtful that a flat tax would produce significant economic growth.
Even when our testers stood upright and flat-footed, the flat portion of the Topo provided a firm but supportive pushback that they liked.
The flat-Earth view was dismissed as simply ridiculous – until very recently, with the resurgence of apparently serious flat-Earthism on the internet.
Occasionally the flat landscape is rudely interrupted by regions known as badlands – strange, harshly eroded rocky outcrops with flat tabletop-like surfaces.
The flat she bought had been the show flat used to market the shared ownership scheme to prospective buyers and she fell in love with it as soon as she walked in.
The Flat Wire Whisk has four polished stainless steel wire loops in a flat configuration and the holes are sealed where the wires meet the grippy thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) handle.
Flat tax supporters counter that the economic growth resulting from a flat tax would generate additional tax revenue that would more than make up for the revenue lost from lower tax rates.
At the beginning of the play Shelagh Delaney makes it clear from her stage instructions that the flat should be presented as shabby and rundown, The stage represents a comfortless flat in Manchester.
If sold for that price, the 15,000 sq ft apartment will become London's most expensive flat, topping One Hyde Park, a flat which sold for £140 million in 2014.The Grade I listed property boasts 12 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms
Basically, as in the two previous books, Lars and W drink Plymouth gin together, bitch about philosophers, and Lars complains about his flat: "a swamp in the shape of a flat, a flat-plague, a flat-catastrophe, interred in its pit.
The liner brush of this set is great for details, the round brush is good for thicker lines, the small flat brush is ideal for shading, the angled flat brush is useful for curved strokes, while the wide flat brush is the one for painting larger areas.
- with flat sails
Example: sail flat against the wind
- a level tract of land
Example: the salt flats of Utah
- having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another
Example: a flat desk
- lacking contrast or shading between tones
- in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
- having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness
Example: flat computer monitors
- (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone
Example: B flat
- a shallow box in which seedlings are started
- not modified or restricted by reservations
- a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
- stretched out and lying at full length along the ground
Example: found himself lying flat on the floor
- freight car without permanent sides or roof
- a deflated pneumatic tire
- flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
- scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
- lacking taste or flavor or tang
- a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
- lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting
- having lost effervescence
Example: flat beer
- sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch
- horizontally level
Example: a flat roof
- lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth
- not reflecting light; not glossy
Example: flat wall paint
- commercially inactive
Example: flat sales for the month
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for flat. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: