Instead, they are sensitive to light.
You know that accidental light is light in another.
Red light, on the other hand, will have lower lumens than green light.
The focus of a light refers to how tight or soft the edge of a beam of light is.
But it contains less red light than is found in natural light, says Mr Hartlove.
Even grass senses light, although slowly, while light is meaningless for tapeworms.
This light, when seen through a prism or diffraction grating , shows all wavelengths of visible light.
A light-dependent resistor (LDR) is a special type of resistor whose resistance changes with the light level.
Blue light is a kind of light on the color spectrum, which is the range of light visible to humans.
Lighting designers say a home office should have layers of light rather than a single light source," Colby suggests.
On the back wall of the eye, the tapetum lucidum reflects incoming light, thus utilizing the small amount of light available at night…
Available light is quite similar to practical lighting but here, whatever natural light is present is used to light the scene.
Firefly light is a cold light with approximately 100 percent of the energy given off as light and only a minute amount of heat.
His experiments revealed that white light is a composite of many colours, which can be dispersed by a prism and reunited to again yield white light.
We can see luminescent sources, but never light in itself: in order to be seen, light should have to emit light carrying information about it.
To determine the light needed, the filmmaker uses a light meter to measure the intensity of the light falling on various areas of the subject or scene.
But I will not be shamed for being a bug who is drawn to light bulbs and stares at them, transfixed, while my ex-boyfriend tries to use human language to get me to remember what we were light light light light light light.
An ordinary photographic image records the variations in intensity of light reflected from an object, producing dark areas where less light is reflected and light areas where more light is reflected.
He experimented with photograms, images composed by placing objects directly on light-sensitive paper, and he constructed “light-space modulators,” oil paintings on transparent or polished surfaces that included mobile light effects.
Perhaps because of this, several guided walking tours operate along the Light to Light track, including Light to Light Camps, which offers a challenging two-day version of the hike, and Life’s an Adventure, which does “pack-free” walks that bus you back to hotel accommodation after a day of trekking.
- with few burdens
Example: experienced travellers travel light
- introduce light into
Example: This lamp lightens the room a bit
- (used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress
Example: a syllable that ends in a short vowel is a light syllable
- of comparatively little physical weight or density
Example: a light load
- (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation
Example: the light was filtered through a soft glass window
- easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned
Example: a light diet
- (used of color) having a relatively small amount of coloring agent
Example: light blue
- begin to smoke
- any device serving as a source of illumination
Example: he stopped the car and turned off the lights
- of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment
Example: light infantry
- a particular perspective or aspect of a situation
Example: although he saw it in a different light, he still did not understand
- to come to rest, settle
Example: Misfortune lighted upon him
- (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency
Example: light soil
- cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims
- the quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light
- not great in degree or quantity or number
Example: a light sentence
- fall to somebody by assignment or lot; passed
- moving easily and quickly; nimble
Example: the dancer was light and graceful
- psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles
Example: a light heart
- an illuminated area
Example: he stepped into the light
- demanding little effort; not burdensome
Example: light housework
- alight from (a horse)
- characterized by or emitting light
Example: a room that is light when the shutters are open
- a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination
Example: follow God's light
- start or maintain a fire in
- of little intensity or power or force
Example: the light touch of her fingers
- the visual effect of illumination on objects or scenes as created in pictures
Example: he could paint the lightest light and the darkest dark
- weak and likely to lose consciousness
- a person regarded very fondly
Example: the light of my life
- (physics, chemistry) not having atomic weight greater than average
Example: light water is ordinary water
- very thin and insubstantial
Example: light summer dresses
- marked by temperance in indulgence
- having abundant light or illumination
Example: they played as long as it was light
- mental understanding as an enlightening experience
Example: he finally saw the light
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
Example: a light pound
- having little importance
Example: losing his job was no light matter
- merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
- public awareness
Example: it brought the scandal to light
- intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound
Example: light verse
- a visual warning signal
Example: they saw the light of the beacon
- silly or trivial
- designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight
Example: light aircraft
- a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires
Example: do you have a light?
- having relatively few calories
Example: light (or lite) beer
- (of sleep) easily disturbed
Example: in a light doze
- casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for light. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: