Thupenebu, his x mark, L.S.
These include London and Birmingham (1 mark).
Notice that Mark II is a transformation of Mark I.
A close relationship between Mark and St.
For a mark to be registered, it must be distinctive.
Go to Mark on 5 live for more reviews and film debate.
Memoirs and reminiscences add to the picture of Mark Twain.
By 2000 they had spread throughout England and Wales (1 mark).
In all years the number of men infected is greater than women (1 mark).
In most countries, registration is a prerequisite for ownership and protection of the mark.
Mark is best known for the Mark Steel Lectures and Mark Steel's in Town.
Attempts have been made to identify Mark as the John Mark mentioned in Acts 12 or as the disciple who fled naked in the garden (Mark 14).
His father was a horse lover who enjoyed a flutter and took the young Mark to the bookies when he placed his bets - although Mark was too young to go inside.
But Mark Cassidy’s real name is Mark Jenner and despite the five-year legal case against the Metropolitan police, I still know nothing about his deployment beyond what I’ve unearthed myself.
In the material common to all three Synoptics, there is very seldom verbatim agreement of Matthew and Luke against Mark, though such agreement is common between Matthew and Mark or Luke and Mark or where all three concur.
It’s unclear whether there’s more to it than the snippets offered in the movie, but, in any case, Scott isn’t interested in what Mark is going through emotionally or psychologically—or, for that matter, in who Mark is—but only in what Mark does.
Mark Wahlberg, in full Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg, (born June 5, 1971, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.), American singer and actor who gained fame as a member of the rap group Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch and then as a Calvin Klein model before launching a successful film career.
Versions of Twain’s autobiography, which he never finished, include Albert Bigelow Paine (ed.), Mark Twain’s Autobiography, 2 vol. (1924); Bernard DeVoto (ed.), Mark Twain in Eruption (1940); Charles Neider (ed.), The Autobiography of Mark Twain (1959, reissued 2000); and Michael J.
Notable discus throwers include American Al Oerter, who first broke the 200-foot mark; American Mac Wilkins, who was first to break officially the 70-metre (230-foot) mark; German Jürgen Schult, who broke the world’s record for discus throw in 1986 with a 74.08-metre (243.04-foot) throw; German Lisel Westermann, the first woman to break the 200-foot mark; and Russian Faina Melnik, who broke the 70-metre mark in women’s competition.
- attach a tag or label to
- a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance)
Example: she made good marks in algebra
- a distinguishing symbol
Example: the owner's mark was on all the sheep
- designate as if by a mark
Example: This sign marks the border
- be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense
- a reference point to shoot at
Example: his arrow hit the mark
- a visible indication made on a surface
Example: some previous reader had covered the pages with dozens of marks
- celebrate by some ceremony or observation
Example: The citizens mark the anniversary of the revolution with a march and a parade
- the impression created by doing something unusual or extraordinary that people notice and remember
Example: it was in London that he made his mark
- make or leave a mark on
Example: the scouts marked the trail
- a symbol of disgrace or infamy
Example: And the Lord set a mark upon Cain
- to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful
- notice or perceive
- formerly the basic unit of money in Germany
- mark with a scar
- a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- a written or printed symbol (as for punctuation)
Example: his answer was just a punctuation mark
- make small marks into the surface of
- establish as the highest level or best performance
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened)
- an indication of damage
- make underscoring marks
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- remove from a list
- put a check mark on or near or next to
- something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal
- assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation
- insert punctuation marks into
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for mark. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches:
Notable discus throwers include American Al Oerter who first broke the 200-foot mark American Mac Wilkins who was first to break officially the 70-metre 230-foot mark German Jürgen Schult who broke the worlds record for discus throw in 1986 with a 7408-metre 24304-foot throw German Lisel Westermann the first woman to break the 200-foot mark and Russian Faina Melnik who broke the 70-metre mark in womens competition