The bill passed 28-7 in the state Senate.
A similar bill has passed one chamber in New Jersey.
The House passed its own budget measure on Wednesday.
The legislation passed through all the parliamentary stages early in 2001.
The legislation previously passed the Ohio Senate in March.
The same-sex marriage decision looked at laws passed by state legislatures.
The next day the UN also passed the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”.
The region passed to the United States as a part of the Louisiana Purchase in 1803.
While they passed largely on party lines, both bills did receive some Republican support.
Important: In December 2020, the House passed the MORE Act, a bill to federally decriminalize cannabis.
While the Admiral was digesting this hasty meal of philosophy General Miles passed in review, a spectacle of impressive dignity.
She then passed it down to my great-grandmother, who passed it on to my Teta Asma, who gave it to my mother, who passed it on to me.
Once a bill has been passed by one house of parliament, it moves to the other house, where it may be passed as is, passed with amendments, or rejected.
Passed Opportunity Zones with @SenatorTimScott, guaranteed funding for HBCU’s, School Choice, passed Criminal Justice Reform, lowest Black unemployment, poverty, and crime rates in history…
House Democrats passed a sweeping voting-rights bill and a criminal justice overhaul: Democrats passed their flagship democracy reform package "H.R.1" without Republican support by a 220-210 vote.
MPs complicated the process in December when they passed an amendment to the Withdrawal Bill - proposed by Conservative MP Dominic Grieve - that would require this bill to be passed before the government can use secondary legislation to implement Brexit.
Later that month, the House passed a resolution to repeal the 2002 AUMF, and Kaine sponsored a resolution to prevent Trump from taking military action against Iran without congressional approval that passed in both chambers, but it was ultimately vetoed.
After voters passed legalization, Sinha immediately called for police officers and prosecutors in the state to immediately stop arresting and prosecuting people for marijuana use and possession, though lawmakers have not yet passed the enabling legislation.
During the Obama administration, the Democratic president was too "modest" to take a "victory lap" after the 2009 economic recovery package passed, which was estimated at the time to cost $787 billion, passed Congress, Biden recently told members of the House Democratic Caucus.
Also, don’t use the word “passed” at this table unless it’s as in “Tula passed me the salt so I could flavor my tasteless tzatziki sauce,” or “I knew we were driving too slowly on our way to the funeral when the hearse passed us and the man driving it gave me the finger.”
- go across or through
Example: We passed the point where the police car had parked
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
- of advancing the ball by throwing it
- (military) a written leave of absence
- move past
Example: A black limousine passed by when she looked out the window
- (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate
- make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation
Example: They passed the amendment
- the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
- for time to move forward
- any authorization to pass or go somewhere
- place into the hands or custody of
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
- a document indicating permission to do something without restrictions
- a flight or run by an aircraft over a target
- travel past
Example: The sports car passed all the trucks
- come to pass
- a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs
- go unchallenged; be approved
- a difficult juncture
- use up a period of time in a specific way
- one complete cycle of operations (as by a computer)
- pass over, across, or through
- an automatic advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent
- a permit to enter or leave a military installation
- transmit information
- a complimentary ticket
- disappear gradually
Example: The pain eventually passed off
- go successfully through a test or a selection process
Example: She passed the new Jersey Bar Exam and can practice law now
- a usually brief attempt
- be superior or better than some standard
- (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
- success in satisfying a test or requirement
- accept or judge as acceptable
Example: The teacher passed the student although he was weak
- allow to go without comment or censure
Example: the insult passed as if unnoticed
- transfer to another; of rights or property
Example: Our house passed under his official control
- pass into a specified state or condition; sink into
- throw (a ball) to another player
Example: Smith passed
- be inherited by
- cause to pass
Example: She passed around the plates
- grant authorization or clearance for
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- eliminate from the body
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for passed. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: