The mandate requires a $4 per hour raise for employees.
If you raise ten million dollars, I guarantee victory.”
They have taken to social media in a bid to raise awareness.
Labour says it will raise taxes to prevent cuts and fund early years education.
Overall, 23% of those who would benefit from the raise are Latino and Black women.
Johnson advised entrepreneurs not to raise money unless you know exactly how you'll use it.
Startups should be equally hesitant to raise funds under the current conditions, VCs advised.
The kilocalorie, or food calorie, is the amount of heat required to raise one kilogram of water 1 °C.
After receiving a raise, the first thing you want to do is understand how that raise affects your take-home pay.
By late Monday, Moderna kicked off a big stock offering in which it hopes to raise $1.34 billion with the sale of 17.6 million shares.
In pot-limit contests, a player may bet or raise by no more than the amount in the pot at the time the bet or raise is made.
Felix Capital's raise follows a bevy of deals from the end of 2019 which saw peer investors Northzone, Balderton Capital, and EQT Ventures raise new money.
Bakari the baboon struggles to raise the baby he rescued when its mother was killed and desperately tries to find a female to help him raise his motherless baby.
Warren's campaign estimates that her wealth tax would raise $2.75 trillion in 10 years, while Sanders' campaign estimates that his tax would raise $4.35 trillion during the same time period.
Last month, Congress reintroduced the Raise the Wage Act, legislation to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and give 32 million working people a much-needed raise.
Meanwhile, doubts have also been raised about Misra's ability to raise capital for Vision Fund 2, another ambitious investment fund with a goal to eventually raise over a $100 billion dollars.
They’re simply spewing right-wing stuff at voters, saying, ‘They raise taxes, they raise taxes, they raise taxes.’ ” Of Pope’s spending in 2010, he says, “It wasn’t an education; it was an onslaught.
Rather than raise interest rates further as had been envisioned in December, Fed officials declined to raise rates — and steeply reduced their expectations of how much further they would raise rates over the remainder of 2016.
The state order to raise Aramco’s “maximum sustainable capacity” comes after the kingdom launched a price war on rival petro-nations by vowing to raise its production by a quarter from last month despite an oil demand slowdown because of the coronavirus outbreak.
The lack of available, real snow, does however raise longer-term concerns about the threat posed to snow sports by climate change, according to Phaneuf, who is an ambassador for an organisation called Protect Our Winters, which wants to raise awareness about this issue.
- raise the level or amount of something
Example: raise my salary
- the amount a salary is increased
Example: he got a 3% raise
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
- raise from a lower to a higher position
Example: Raise your hands
- cause to be heard or known; express or utter
Example: raise a shout
- increasing the size of a bet (as in poker)
Example: I'll see your raise and double it
- collect funds for a specific purpose
Example: The President raised several million dollars for his college
- the act of raising something
- cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- look after a child until it is an adult
Example: raise a family
- summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
Example: raise the specter of unemployment
- move upwards
- construct, build, or erect
Example: Raise a barn
- call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise
Example: raise hell
- raise in rank or condition
- increase the level of
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
- cause to puff up with a leaven
- bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level
- bet more than the previous player
- cause to assemble or enlist in the military
Example: raise an army
- put forward for consideration or discussion
Example: raise the question of promotions
- pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth
Example: raise your `o'
- activate or stir up
Example: raise a mutiny
- establish radio communications with
Example: They managed to raise Hanoi last night
- multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
- bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project
Example: raised edges
- invigorate or heighten
- put an end to
- cause to become alive again
Example: raise from the dead
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for raise. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: