Who is the greatest ever runner?
The bottom line: Our runner-up is better at sweeping.
Only one runner may occupy a base at any given moment.
You know, I’m not the front-runner now, but I wasn’t born a front-runner.
Who is your favourite-ever runner?
This defensive tactic retires the base runner most likely to score a run.
A player in the dugout relayed the decoding information to the runner on second.
If the ball reaches second base before the runner, the runner is out.
“I was a runner at that point, but I intensely remember the experience of not being a good runner.
For other colorful eyeliners that didn't make runner-up quality, check out our section on what else we tested below.
My 29-inch unit has seven runners, so I filled it with one 3-runner, one 2-runner, and two 1-runners.
…downsizing; Terrence Malick’s impressionistic romance To the Wonder (2012); and the online-gambling thriller Runner Runner (2013).
If the player catching the fly throws the ball to that base before the runner returns and tags up, the runner is retired.
We were absolutely the front-runner in our hospital hub, front-runner in our AstraZeneca hub that opened up earlier this week.
The jet impinges at an oblique angle on the runner from one side and continues in a single path, discharging at the other side of the runner.
I am an experienced runner and cyclist and I have never felt any benefit from running behind a fellow runner (unless running into a stiff headwind).
The dynamic type of compressor may be subdivided into the centrifugal type (with flow through a rotating runner or rotor primarily in a radial direction), the axial-flow type (with flow through a runner primarily in a direction parallel to the axis of rotation), and the fluid-jet type.
As explained by Jones in his autobiography, the success of the Road Runner shorts was rooted in their adherence to a set of rules, among them that the audience should retain equal sympathy for both the hapless coyote and his speedy prey and that Road Runner would humiliate, but never harm, the coyote.
These vehicles are familiar to sci-fi fans – the late Syd Mead’s illustrations of the Spinner VTOL craft in the film Blade Runner captured the popular imagination, and the screens for the Spinners in Blade Runner 2049 created by Territory Studio provided a careful design fiction of the experience of piloting these types of vehicle.
(1) The official scorer shall charge an error against any fielder: (a) whose misplay (fumble, muff or wild throw) prolongs the time at bat of a batter, prolongs the presence on the bases of a runner or permits a runner to advance one or more bases, unless, in the judgment of the official scorer, such fielder deliberately permits a foul fly to fall safe with a runner on third base before two are out in order that the runner on third shall not score after the catch.
- someone who imports or exports without paying duties
- someone who travels on foot by running
- a person who is employed to deliver messages or documents
Example: he sent a runner over with the contract
- a baseball player on the team at bat who is on base (or attempting to reach a base)
- a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- a trained athlete who competes in foot races
- (football) the player who is carrying (and trying to advance) the ball on an offensive play
- a long narrow carpet
- device consisting of the parts on which something can slide along
- fish of western Atlantic: Cape Cod to Brazil
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for runner. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches:
1 The official scorer shall charge an error against any fielder a whose misplay fumble muff or wild throw prolongs the time at bat of a batter prolongs the presence on the bases of a runner or permits a runner to advance one or more bases unless in the judgment of the official scorer such fielder deliberately permits a foul fly to fall safe with a runner on third base before two are out in order that the runner on third shall not score after the catch