“Not feeling well?
“Well, well,” said St.
A person’s well-being is what is ‘good for’ them.
Add the rest of the flour and mix until well combined.
It includes mental well-being and mental health as well.
None of us are “well,” and most of us have probably never been “well.”
The Pixel’s version of Android is slick and well-optimised, running just as well as on the Pixel 5.
One approach to well-being holds that a person's well-being stems from the satisfaction of her desires.
Pumpers usually work alone, driving from well to well, tending anywhere from ten to forty or fifty wells a day.
An additional 26% said they understood the terms somewhat well, and the remaining 46% said they understood them very or extremely well.
As Silicon Valley executive Phil Libin put it: "Mark Zuckerberg presented himself well, or at least as well as possible given the situation.
I want to do something I love, as well as get the recognition for it, as well as get a good pay, as well as be happy about it.
More recently, New Zealand introduced its first “well-being budget”, with a focus on improving the well-being of the country’s most vulnerable people.
Police and fire services are well organized and well supplied, and personnel are comparatively well trained and well paid.
A more natural way to express that idea would be to use such terms as these: “he is faring well”, “he is well off”, “he is flourishing”, “his life is going well for him”.
Support for European unity came from the right as well as the left, from liberals as well as dirigistes, from clerics as well as anticlericals, from “Atlanticists” as well as those who saw Europe as a “Third Force” between East and West.
Below, we detail these popular destinations among Airbnb users, as well as our top pick to book in each region, selected based on criteria that include top-rated, well-located, and well-reviewed listings offered by Superhosts, with near-perfect 5.0 ratings from reviewers.
This is not to say that it is impermissible for people to choose to procreate when securing a threshold level of well-being for their children-to-be will require them to sacrifice their own well-being to such a degree that they themselves will not enjoy a threshold level of well-being.
Below, we detail these popular up-and-coming destinations among Vrbo users, as well as our top vacation rental picks to book in each region, all selected based on being well-located to the above emerging destinations, as well as well-reviewed listings with near-perfect 5.0 ratings from reviewers.
well “He gave a well-prepared speech” but “his speech was well prepared”; “She liked a well-done steak” but “she liked her steak well done”; “A well-known song” but “the song was well known” (but note that, as with famous, if something is well known it is not normally necessary to say so)
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
Example: the children behaved well
- a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- in good health especially after having suffered illness or injury
Example: appears to be entirely well
- come up, as of a liquid
Example: Tears well in her eyes
- resulting favorably
- wise or advantageous and hence advisable
Example: it would be well to start early
- a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form
Example: The problem is well understood
- an abundant source
Example: she was a well of information
- indicating high probability; in all likelihood
Example: I might well do it
- (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
Example: a book well worth reading
- an open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
- to a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
Example: the project was well underway
- an enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps
- favorably; with approval
Example: their neighbors spoke well of them
- to a great extent or degree
Example: I'm afraid the film was well over budget
- with great or especially intimate knowledge
Example: we knew them well
- with prudence or propriety
Example: You would do well to say nothing more
- with skill or in a pleasing manner
Example: she dances well
- in a manner affording benefit or advantage
Example: she married well
- in financial comfort
Example: They live well
- without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor
Example: took the joke well
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for well. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: